Sunday, August 24, 2008

Starting with the Fall Campaign

Psh, I spent the first few hours of the fall campaign wondering where my text was, just like anybody else. I would love to know what the backstory on the Obama's leak -of-VP-pick is; it was kind of ham-handed and sloppy. Then, Joe woke up, had coffee and let slip from leash the dogs of war. This is what Democrats have been waiting for- it's stupid to see people refusing to play playground-dirty just because they have high ideals. That's as one-dimensional as only playing the schoolyard bully. If Democrats take shit from Republicans, you can't expect the ignorant to understand that global diplomacy isn't a schoolyard: it's politics. People's lives are at stake, and the rest of the planet doesn't respect us anymore because our President (hereinafter to be referred to as HAMSTER-BRAIN) went swaggering around like he had the balls to back it up. He could talk, but when it came down to it, the sack was kind of empty.

Wow, there was a stream of consciousness introduction. I'm Lavender Pitt, and I'm number 42 on the Copper Queens for Tucson Roller Derby. I call in to the Stephanie Miller Show under my "skate name," and have realized that someday (hard to believe but it's true) my Derby career may end, but Lavender will continue as a useful persona that I've come to enjoy. It's started to spread through my life beyond roller derby, and we'll see where it takes us from here.

Today? Gonna set up the links and whore this address out a bit. If you want to see the proto-Lavender blog, knock your socks off.

No comments: