Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Posi and the Aggro


posi: Barack Obama really clarified and specified his position on Rove V Wade, and explained the rationale by which he shall choose Supreme Court Justices.

aggro: John McCain used "quotey fingers" to make his points.

posi: Barack Obama finally was able to reply to the scurrilous Ayers horseshit, and put it to bed for everybody but the Republican Campain flacks.


aggro: John McCain actually brought up William Ayers, only to have the issue smoothly deflected by Senator Smooth. Obama is right. America doesn't give a shit about Bill Ayers, not when every penny that doesn't go in the tank ends up on the table.

posi: Every aggravation is the opportunity to cultivate patience, and I am so grateful to the McCain campaign for the opportunities they've given me this evening I. could. just. spit. The eyerolling, blinking grimacing, and spastic twitching complemented the shark-glazed eyes and the gnashing teeth. These displays of histrionics were unwelcome, unpleasant, and in the end, un-Presidential

aggro: John McCain interrupted Barack Obama at least three times, out of sheer petulance. Weak!

posi: Barack Obama handled himself better than I would have, and exactly how one would expect a President to behave.

aggro: My mother in law is a bit ill, so I came down to make fried chicken and hand out for a couple of days. This isn't the aggro. The aggro is that my in-laws, including my brother-in-law, are all dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, and my b.i.l. is actually a 28%er. I had to watch the debate here, on their turf. They couldn't find MSNBC on the cable listing. It wasn't there. I RAN for the Internet the second the debate was done.

Maxi-posi-blue ribbon-winner of the night: I kept my cool and didn't throw my shoes at anyone, not even the b.i.l. If Obama can maintain his composure in the face of that raging jackanape McCain, I can do no less with my own family that I pretty much love to death.

No comments: